THE IMPORTANCE OF LISTENING IN TEACHING FOREIGN LANGUAGES AT TECHNICAL UNIVERSITIES
This paper examines the role of listening in learning foreign languages. Particular attention is paid to the analysis of the main stages in teaching it and possible problems appeared in this process. Some basic and fundamental skills in listening learning are determined here. The paper stresses the importance of communicative approach in teaching a foreign language. Special attention is given to the control that is the crucial component of teaching listening and comprehension. It is emphasized that control should be different at every stage of teaching in groups with different levels of training. The paper shows the importance in a correct choosing of the text to be listened to. Also, the system of exercises for forming foreign communicative competence in listening is discussed. The value of special language laboratories for the effective listening training is discussed here. The paper proves their meaning not only for practical lessons, but also during the independent work of students as language laboratory equipment creates the same favorable conditions for all students, reducing distractions. This paper examines the advantages of using special language laboratories and describes the peculiarities of work and monitoring in groups of students with different levels of training. The specifics of working in not language high schools are also given in this paper.
Gez, N.I. (Ed.) (1982). Methods of teaching a foreign language at school. Moscow, Russia: Vysshaja shkola, 339 [in Russian].
Eluhina, N.V.& Fedorova, O.L. (Ed.) (1987). The scientific basis for the development of texts for listening teaching. Moscow, Russia: MGPIIJa, 302, 31-41 [in Russian].
Eluhina, N.V. (Ed.) (1986). Intensification of training to audition at an early stage. Moscow, Russia: IJaSh, 5, 15-20 [in Russian].
Kolshansky, G.V. (Ed.) (1985). Linguistic and communicative aspects of verbal communication. Moscow, Russia: MGPIIJa, 1, 10-14 [in Russian]. 5. Rogova, G.V. (Ed.) (1975). Methods of teaching English. Leningrad, Russia: Prosveshhenie.
GOST Style Citations
1. Гез Н.И. Методика обучения иностранным языкам в средней школе: [учеб. пособие] / Н.И. Гез. – М.: Высшая школа, 1982. – С. 339.
2. Елухина Н.В. Научные основы разработки системы текстов для обучения аудированию / Н.В.Елухина, О.Л. Федорова // Сб. научных трудов МГПИИЯ им. М. Тореза. – Выпуск 302. – М., 1987. – С. 31-41.
3. Елухина Н.В. Интенсификация обучения аудированию на начальном этапе / Н.В. Елухина // ИЯШ, 1986. – № 5. – С. 15-20.
4. Колшанский Г.В. Лингвокоммуникативные аспекты речевого общения / Г.В. Колшанский // ИЯШ, 1985. – № 1. – С. 10-14. 5. Rogova G.V. Methods of teaching English / G.V.Rogova. – Л.: Просвещение, 1975. – С. 311.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Copyright (c) 2016 Journal of the National Technical University of Ukraine “KPI”: Philology and Educational Studies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
ISSN 2410-8278 (Online), ISSN 2307-1591 (Print)