PROJECTS WITH THE USE OF INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING
This article deals with the different types of project activities related to the use of the Internet, since the use of such technologies can create conditions for the formation and development of foreign language skills of the students, as well as cause interest to the independent creative and search activity, taking into account their personal needs and circumstances. The article discusses web quest, which can be characterized as a project in which the Internet is used as the main source of information, the main feature of which is to provide students with a list of specific sites, compiled by the teacher. Also the article gives consideration to website creation as one of the models of organization of project activities. The main thing in such project is the content of the website. The information forming the basis for a website must be interesting to the project participants as well as to visitors. The website has its own structure: the main page; module containing the original data on the topic of investigation; module that contains the results of students’ research; module that contains information about the participants of the project. The article also discussed international telecommunication projects (Web projects), which include elements such as web quests, and websites, and involve a variety of capabilities and resources of the Internet. The article focuses on two kinds of writing online communication -- synchronous (Chat) and asynchronous (E-mail).
Brabbs, Ph. (2012). Web Quests. English Teaching Professional, 24, 39-41.
Crystal, D. (2001). Language and the Internet. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
Fedderholdt, K. (2013). An Email exchange project between non-native speakers of English. English Language Teaching Journal, 55 (3), 273-280. 4. Fidel, R. (2010). A visit to the information mall: Web searching behavior of high school students. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 50 (1), 24-37.
Gaspar, C. (2010). Situating French language teaching and learning in the age of Internet. The French Review, 72 (1), 69-80. 6. Gimenez, J. C. (2010). Business E-mail communication: Some emerging tendencies in register. English for Specific Purposes, 1, 237-251.
Robb, T. (2011). Projecting your students onto the Web. Modern English Teacher, 10 (1), 67-69. 8. Spiro, R. J. & Jehng, J. C. (1990). Cognition, education and multimedia: Exploring ideas in high technology. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Swaffar, J. (2014). Readers, texts, and second languages: The interactive processes. Modern Language Journal, 69, 15-24.
Walz, J. (2001). Critical reading and the Internet. The French Review, 74(6), 1193-1205.
Polat, E. S. & Buharkina, M. J. (2007). Sovremennye pedagogicheskie informacionnye tehnologii v sisteme obrazovanija. [Modern pedagogical information technologies in the system of education]. Moskva, RF: Akademija.
Polilova, T. A. (2012). Vnedrenie komp'juternoj tehniki v prepodavanie inostrannogo jazyka. [Applying of computer equipment in foreign language teaching]. Inostrannye jazyki v shkole, 6, 2-7.
GOST Style Citations
1. Brabbs Ph. Web Quests / Ph. Brabbs // English Teaching Professional. – 2012. – № 24. – P. 39-41.
2. Crystal D. Language and the Internet / D. Crystal. – Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2001. – 271 p.
3. Fedderhold K. An Email exchange project between non-native speakers of English / K. Fedderhold // English Language Teaching Journal. – 2013. – Volume 55, № 3. – P. 273-280.
4. Fidel R. A visit to the information mall: Web searching behavior of high school students / R. Fidel // Journal of the American Society for Information Science. –2010. – Volume 50, № 1. – P. 24-37.
5. Gaspar C. Situating French language teaching and learning in the age of Internet / C. Gaspar // The French Review. – 2010. – Volume 72, № 1. -- P. 69-80.
6. Gimenez J. C. Business E-mail communication: Some emerging tendencies in register / J. C. Gimenez // English for Specific Purposes. –2010. – №1. – P. 237-251.
7. Robb T. Projecting your students onto the Web / T. Robb // Modern English Teacher. – 2011. – Volume 10, № 1. – P. 67-69.
8. Spiro R. J. Cognition, education and multimedia: Exploring ideas in high technology / R. J. Spiro, J. C. Jehng. – Hillsdale: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1990. – P. 163-205.
9. Swaffar J. Readers, texts, and second languages: The interactive processes / J. Staffar // Modern Language Journal. – 2014. – №6. – P. 15-24.
10. Walz J. Critical reading and the Internet / J. Walz // The French Review. –2013. – Volume 74, № 6. – P. 1193-1205.
11. Полат Е. С., Бухаркина М. И. Современные педагогические информационные технологии в системе образования. / Е. С. Полат, М. И. Бухаркина. – М.: Академия, 2007. –368 с.
12. Полилова Т. А. Внедрение компьютерной техники в преподавание иностранного языка / Т. А. Полилова // Иностранные языки в школе. – 2012. – №6. – С. 2-7.
Copyright (c) 2017 Journal of the National Technical University of Ukraine “KPI”: Philology and Educational Studies
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
ISSN 2410-8278 (Online), ISSN 2307-1591 (Print)